Complaint Handling & Dispute Resolution Policy

How to make a complaint:

YPA would like to assist and make easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention.
Initially you should raise any matters of concern with the agent, representative or property manager who is dealing directly with you in relation to your business.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome from the relevant YPA Branch, you can also make a complaint to us by:

By telephone (during business hours): call 1300 972 972.
By post to 22A Trade Park Drive Tullamarine 3043.

How we deal with your complaint

We will oversee the complaints process. We are responsible for working with you and relevant agency staff, to ensure that the issues you raise are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process. The matter and all the included details will be handled with the strictest confidence as we will the process, and all the details of your complaint. No matters will be discussed with any party outside our agency unless we have your consent and approval in writing. We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.

Time required to resolve your complaint?

We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised. We will send you acknowledgment of receipt of the complaint within two business days. If possible we will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome however this may not always be possible.

What action will we take in response to your complaint?

If we resolve your complaint is justified, we will then determine a course of action we should take. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.

Here are some of the things we might do to help you:

Steps will be taken to rectify the complaint or the issue you have raised.
We can provide you with additional information so you can understand what happened or why it happened.
We can provide details on how we have dealt with the complaint.
We can take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
What if you still feel your complaint is not satisfactorily unresolved?

In some instances it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter to the Estate Agents Resolution Service (EARS) at Consumer Affairs Victoria. EARS can deal with enquiries and complaints about real estate agents and offers information, advice and dispute resolution services on real estate issues.

You can telephone EARS on 1300 73 70 30 weekdays to discuss your complaint.